Brazil 2021 is in the works!
Here is information on previously planned trips
Be a part of the blind seeing, the lame walking, the deaf hearing, and thousands coming to salvation in four cities in North East Brazil!
Come to 1 city for 10 days or 2 cities for 2.5 weeks:
- May 2-12 – Xique-Xique, Bahia
- May 9-19 –Sento Sé, Bahia
- July 11-21 – Pedra Branca, Ceara
- July 18-28 –Mombaça, Ceara
- May 2-19 – Xique-Xique & Sento Se, Bahia
- July 11-28 – Pedra Branca & Mombaca, Ceara
So you want to go to Brazil?
#1 Read through the Team Member Requirements and all other information below. Watch our detailed team video below and check out our frequently asked questions page if you still have more questions.
#2 Apply Online and Submit your 10% Application Fee. (This goes towards the cost of your trip. It is refundable if you are not accepted but non refundable if you are accepted.) You will be directed to set up an account with Managed Missions where you can apply and even save your application to come back to it later (although we recommend applying all in one sitting).
APPLY HERE: https://igg.managedmissions.com/OurTrips
If you have additional questions not answered on this page please email us at trips@iGoGlocal.org
#3 Receive Your Acceptance Email. Once you submit your application we’ll be in touch with you with any questions and to confirm if you’ve been accepted.
#4 Get Your Passport & Start Fundraising. We will set you up with your own web page where you can raise support and give you great resources and strategies to help you. Apply for your passport immediately after being accepted if you don’t already have one.
TEAM MEMBER REQUIREMENTS
We do not expect you to be perfect and we will do a lot of training before the trip to help you get ready but there are certain requirements each applicant should meet before you apply.
Brazil team members must be:
Walking with Jesus and in love with Him.
18 years old or older, unless accompanied by a legal guardian (for minors with a guardian we accept ages 16 and up).
Physically healthy . . . enough to travel internationally and be on your feet and ministering for the majority of each day. While we do have some rest time each day, our schedule will be very busy.
Emotionally/mentally healthy . . . This trip is a time to pour out on and serve others. If you are in a season of needing a lot of ministry or inner healing for yourself then this isn’t the right trip for you right now.
Responsible financially . . . We’ll give you great fundraising tools and even links to set up your own web page with a financial tracker. We’ve never had a team member not go for lack of finances but you should know that you are responsible to make sure your trip gets paid for, if you back out, finances are NOT refundable, and if you miss payment deadlines you will be removed from the team. Our payment deadlines are as follows:
- 10% of trip due with application.
- 50% of balance (to purchase airline tickets, etc.) by March 13 for May trips and April 3 for July trips.
- 100% balance of funds by April 10 for May trips and June 6 for July trips.
Flexible and correctable . . . Sometimes our accommodations are beautiful and sometimes they are very basic. Sometimes plans change and sometimes leaders may need to help team members adjust their expectations or behavior in the best interest of our hosts. Team members need to be ready to adjust to change and trust that our leaders have everyone’s best interest at heart.
Prepared to prepare and connect . . . We’ll send you an email for the team each week and you should plan to spend 30-60 minutes a week doing something to get ready for the trip. We’ll have about 3 in person mandatory team meetings, have a closed Facebook group where team members can interact, and hope to assign each team member a mentor to connect with relationally. As of now we are planning to meet on March 1, April 19, and June 28 from approximately 2-4pm in the twin cities. For those not in the area you can join us online. We will confirm meeting times after you are accepted.
For more information on the Brazilian organization we are partnering with, Global Gospel Action, and to see videos of previous events and trips, visit their website at www.gga.global
Watch this vide for a more detailed overview of what we’ll do in Brazil.
- February 21 – Application and deposit deadline
- February 21-23 in Burnsville and Feb 29 in Baxter – optional but encouraged Kingdom Culture Events that will lay a powerful foundation for your trip. Click HERE for more info.
- March 1 – Team Meeting
- March 13 – May teams 50% of funds due
- April 3 – July teams 50% of funds due
- April 5 – Team Meeting
- April 10 – May teams 100% of funds due
- May 2-19 – May teams in Brazil
- June 6 – July teams 1005 of funds due
- June 28 – Team Meeting
- July 11-28 – July teams in Brazil
Schedule for the Week of each Trip
- Saturday: Fly Out
- Sunday: Fly in, Drive to City, Settle in, & Minister in Churches
- Monday – Wednesday: Public School Ministry During the Day & Volunteer Training During the Evenings. Afternoons will be off/team time with possible additional optional ministry opportunities.
- Thursday: Public Schools & First Night of the Crusade
- Friday: Poor Community Food Distribution & Crusade Night 2
- Saturday: Leaders Conference, Children’s Crusade, Youth Event & Crusade Night 3
- Sunday: Team Time/Rest, and Minister in Churches at Night. If traveling to city 2 you will drive out in the morning to go to your next city.
- Monday: Fly Out
- Tuesday: Return Home
Cost Includes all flights, insurance, housing, food, and transportation. $3,500 for one city and $4,500 for two cities.
Cost Does Not Include: Fees for your personal passport (which must be good for 6 months after we return and have at least 6 completely blank pages), spending money for souvenirs, snacks, or personal items/medications.